Paleochristian Museum and Necropolis (MNAT)
Around the Tarraco exit roads towards the south (via Augusta) and the west (via De Italia in Hispanias)an extensive funerary area was developed during the Late-Roman period. Very likely around the remains of Bishop Fructuosus and his deacons Augurius and Eulogius, burnt in the amphitheatre arena in 259 A.D. The construction of a basilica to commemorate the martyrs, at the start of the V century A.D., marks the period of the cemetery’s maximum splendour.
The remains, in situ, of a part of this necropolis and its Visitor Centre bring us closer to the World of death in Roman times.
€4.50: JOINT TICKET TO THE EXHIBITION “TARRACO/MNAT” AND THE PALEOCHRISTIAN NECROPOLIS
Reduced entrance price: €3.50
1. People 65 or over
2. People under 25
4. Families (2 adults and one child or more)
5. People with disability certificates
Special reduced entrance price: €2
1. Students with teachers who have previously booked (between 1st of July and 31st of August)
2. Family card for large families or single-parent families
1. Children under 8
2. Unemployed people
3. People who are members of the ICOM or the ICOMOS
4. Professional tourist guides
5. Public school teachers
6. Groups of students with their teacher who have previously booked (between 1st of September and 30th of June)
7. Free entrance on the last Tuesday of every month (between October and June)
CHANGES TO ACCESS TO MONUMENTS AND OTHER VENUES DUE TO THE TARRACO VIVA PERFORMANCES (13 – 27 MAY)
June to September: 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 4 p.m. - 8 p.m
March to May / October: 9.30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
November to February: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m
Open Day: 22rd of April (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Mondays open: Roman Model, Cathedral and Museum, Mèdol Quarry, Francolí River Paleochristian Complex, Museu Bíblic Tarraconense (Biblical museum) and Chapel of St. Paul + 4 June-31 August 2018: the Walls (Archaeological Promenade), the Praetorium and Roman Circus, the Roman Amphitheatre and the Local or Colony Forum