Paleochristian Museum and Necropolis (MNAT)
Around the Tarraco exit roads towards the south (via Augusta) and the west (via De Italia in Hispanias)an extensive funerary area was developed during the Late-Roman period. Very likely around the remains of Bishop Fructuosus and his deacons Augurius and Eulogius, burnt in the amphitheatre arena in 259 A.D. The construction of a basilica to commemorate the martyrs, at the start of the V century A.D., marks the period of the cemetery’s maximum splendour.
The remains, in situ, of a part of this necropolis and its Visitor Centre bring us closer to the World of death in Roman times.
€4.00: JOINT TICKET TO THE EXHIBITION “TARRACO/MNAT” AND THE PALEOCHRISTIAN NECROPOLIS
Reduced entrance price: €2.00
1. People 65 or over
3. Holders of a Carnet Jove
4. Students with an International Student Card
5. Family card for large families or single-parent families
6. 10 Non-tourist groups of 10 or more people with an advance booking
1. Children under 16
2. Unemployed people
3. People who are members of the ICOM or the ICOMOS
4. Professional tourist guides
5. Public school teachers
6. People with disability certificates (the accompanying person will also have free entrance if the card shows that the person needs assistance)
7. Press (with advance written authorization)
8. Groups of students with their teacher who have previously booked
9. Free entrance on the first Sunday of every month (between October and June)
Pass to all MNAT venues: information and sales
Santa Tecla (22 September): Open Day
June to September: 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 4 p.m. - 8 p.m
March to May / October: 9.30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
November to February: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
23TH SEPTEMBER OPEN:
the Walls (Archaeological Promenade), the Praetorium and Roman Circus, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Local or Colony Forum, Casa Castellarnau Museum and Casa Canals: Open Day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cathedral: from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. approx. Diocesan Museum: closed
Museum of Modern Art: from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
|Mondays open: Roman Model, Cathedral and Museum, Mèdol Quarry, Francolí River Paleochristian Complex, Museu Bíblic Tarraconense (Biblical museum) and Chapel of St. Paul + 3 June-26 August: the Walls (Archaeological Promenade), the Praetorium and Roman Circus, the Roman Amphitheatre and the Local or Colony Forum|