As the name indicates, this is a zone dedicated to the world of tourism, with a maximum and global vision. The Espai Turisme has held exhibitions, press conferences, presentations, talks, conferences, learning workshops, and activities to spread historic awareness, amongst others. It is a place to establish a link between public and private activity, between citizen and visitor; it is the framework for coexistence and to develop activities and strategies that take on a scenic shape and define the city’s model of tourism.
C. Major, 37
+34 977 250 795
Revolution and Civil War in Tarragona, in the photos of Hermenegild Vallvé. The photographic heritage of Tarragona (II)
20 January - 18 February
As part of the SCAN Tarragona International Photography Festival 2016, the second edition of The Photographic Heritage of Tarragona will be presented, a series of exhibitions intended to showcase the work donated by Tarragona photographers that now forms part of the city’s photographic heritage.
Eighty-two years on from the start of the Spanish Civil War – the most dramatic and significant episode in 20th century history for both Spain and Catalonia – the exhibition Revolution and Civil War in Tarragona offers a visual tour of a revolutionary city, focusing on the war efforts of the rear-guard and the direct impact of the conflict on the city – the Tarragona of 1936-1939. An unfamiliar city, yet easily recognisable thanks to the images of professional photographer Hermenegild Vallvé Vilallonga. Around eighty images, largely unpublished, of exceptional quality and documentary and informative value, give us a closer insight into the reality of a society that, despite all its travails, managed to live through and survive those years.
This exhibition is just an initial example of the Vallvé photography collection which in 2010 was added to the Centre d’Imatges de Tarragona/Photographic Archive of Tarragona City Council.
- "Carnival" (from the 9th to the 22nd of February 2015). Photography exhibition
- Photography exhibition “44th edition of the César Augusto Trophy Competition” (from the 24th of January to the 8th of February 2015)
- Photography exhibition “ÍDEM” (from the 21st of October to the 21st of December 2014)
- Tasting and pairing of Yzaguirre vermouth with delicatessens from Almosta restaurant (22nd of November 2014)
- Workshop to prepare and taste cocktails made with Chartreuse (18th and 19th of September 2014)
- "25 anys de Concurs". Posters from 25 Human Tower Competitions (from the 21st of July to the 7th of September 2014)
- Nan Casteller (Castell building game) workshops (from the 28th of June to the 6th of September 2014)
- "El cel dels Castells" (from the 24th of June to the 20th of July 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of “Rosita”: Tarragona artisan Beer (29th of March 2014)
- Tarragona in 365 pictures (from the 20th of March to the 9th of May 2014). Photography exhibition
- Carnival (from the 24th of February to the 16th of March 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of Yzaguirre vermouth with delicatessens from La Grava restaurant (15th of February)
- "Tracks" (from the 18th of December 2013 to the 23rd of February 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of Adernats caves (14th of December 2013)
- Wine tasting + marmalades (23rd of November 2013)
- “Visions of Tarragona” (from the 15th of November to the 15th of December 2013). Photography exhibition
- Workshop to prepare and taste cocktails made with Chartreuse (15th of September 2013)
- "El cel dels Castells" (from the 24th of June to the 21st of July 2013). Photography exhibition