As the name indicates, this is a zone dedicated to the world of tourism, with a maximum and global vision. The Espai Turisme has held exhibitions, press conferences, presentations, talks, conferences, learning workshops, and activities to spread historic awareness, amongst others. It is a place to establish a link between public and private activity, between citizen and visitor; it is the framework for coexistence and to develop activities and strategies that take on a scenic shape and define the city’s model of tourism.
C. Major, 37
+34 977 250 795
“Infernal life”, a book and an exhibition
This year, the Tarragona Ball de Diables (Devils’ Dance) is celebrating the 35th anniversary of its revival and so, in addition to going over its history, it has decided to reveal the entity’s inner workings –what the public watching them in the street do not know about-, and invites the spectator to see what goes on in the Averno throughout the annual festival cycle, beginning with Carnival and finishing with the Correfoc for Santa Tecla.
The photographer Jordi Brú is the artist who has closely followed the internal and secret life of the diables for two years, and his inquisitive eye and lens have followed everything: preparations for events, for pyrotechnics, for verses, assemblies, meetings, trips by bus to perform, diables getting dressed and undressed ... and all of that, selected and arranged, has turned into the creation of the book about the 35th anniversary of the Ball de Diables, which is supplemented by around twenty texts written by diables who explain their experiences playing with fire and sharp, satirical verses throughout all of these years.
The photographic exhibition represents a sample of everything that can be found in the book, with the unique feature that none of the photos or texts in the exhibition are included in the volume. It also explains the peculiar, incendiary and diabolical formula that the diables invented and the ritual they carried out so that every front page is unique, singular and exclusive.
Photography: © Jaume Guasch
The typhlological scale model of Tarragona
The typhlological scale model is a recreation of the historic district of Tarragona known as La Part Alta, highlighted by the monuments of greatest interest, which can be recognised by touch. Tarragona tourism would like to give everyone, without exception, the right to enjoy the wonders that have made us deserving of the World Heritage title. Come to visit it and download the Accessible Tarragona app!
- "Carnival" (from the 9th to the 22nd of February 2015). Photography exhibition
- Photography exhibition “44th edition of the César Augusto Trophy Competition” (from the 24th of January to the 8th of February 2015)
- Photography exhibition “ÍDEM” (from the 21st of October to the 21st of December 2014)
- Tasting and pairing of Yzaguirre vermouth with delicatessens from Almosta restaurant (22nd of November 2014)
- Workshop to prepare and taste cocktails made with Chartreuse (18th and 19th of September 2014)
- "25 anys de Concurs". Posters from 25 Human Tower Competitions (from the 21st of July to the 7th of September 2014)
- Nan Casteller (Castell building game) workshops (from the 28th of June to the 6th of September 2014)
- "El cel dels Castells" (from the 24th of June to the 20th of July 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of “Rosita”: Tarragona artisan Beer (29th of March 2014)
- Tarragona in 365 pictures (from the 20th of March to the 9th of May 2014). Photography exhibition
- Carnival (from the 24th of February to the 16th of March 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of Yzaguirre vermouth with delicatessens from La Grava restaurant (15th of February)
- "Tracks" (from the 18th of December 2013 to the 23rd of February 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of Adernats caves (14th of December 2013)
- Wine tasting + marmalades (23rd of November 2013)
- “Visions of Tarragona” (from the 15th of November to the 15th of December 2013). Photography exhibition
- Workshop to prepare and taste cocktails made with Chartreuse (15th of September 2013)
- "El cel dels Castells" (from the 24th of June to the 21st of July 2013). Photography exhibition