As the name indicates, this is a zone dedicated to the world of tourism, with a maximum and global vision. The Espai Turisme has held exhibitions, press conferences, presentations, talks, conferences, learning workshops, and activities to spread historic awareness, amongst others. It is a place to establish a link between public and private activity, between citizen and visitor; it is the framework for coexistence and to develop activities and strategies that take on a scenic shape and define the city’s model of tourism.
C. Major, 37
+34 977 250 795
A view of the Tarragona landscape by artists from the Dominican Republic
11 – 31 July
The landscape of Tarragona, as seen by artists from the Dominican Republic. Most of them have never been there, yet the images disseminated across the social media and the internet through high-resolution photos shared almost instantly after taking them provide artists with the necessary support to be able to visualize the atmosphere, the colours and the light of Tarragona’s beautiful scenery, urban structures, and monuments rich in history and tradition.
This exhibition, without any shadow of doubt, is a dialogue with the landscape. The proximity of the sea is something very familiar to Caribbean artists, given our situation as inhabitants of an island bathed by the sun and the deep blue sea and sky. It is therefore easy to interpret and create a palette that recreates the Mediterranean ambience, finding inspiration and enjoying the novel aspect of the challenge of encountering new aesthetic sensations.
The artists were attracted by the form and meticulously studied all the details, adding their own personal style without changing the scenario of the image they were interpreting.
This group of ten artists, with different styles and from different generations — José Sejo, José Ramón Medina, Iris Pérez, Lizett Mejia, Odalis Lugo, Willy Pérez, Roque Gómez, Miguel Gómez, Freddy Javier and Leonardo Durán — concur that this unique exhibition is not so much a gallery of landscapes of Tarragona but rather a homage and tribute to a city full of amazing tourist attractions that they would love to get to know, and a means of sharing this unforgettable life experience.
The typhlological scale model of Tarragona
The typhlological scale model is a recreation of the historic district of Tarragona known as La Part Alta, highlighted by the monuments of greatest interest, which can be recognised by touch. Tarragona tourism would like to give everyone, without exception, the right to enjoy the wonders that have made us deserving of the World Heritage title. Come to visit it and download the Accessible Tarragona app!
- "Carnival" (from the 9th to the 22nd of February 2015). Photography exhibition
- Photography exhibition “44th edition of the César Augusto Trophy Competition” (from the 24th of January to the 8th of February 2015)
- Photography exhibition “ÍDEM” (from the 21st of October to the 21st of December 2014)
- Tasting and pairing of Yzaguirre vermouth with delicatessens from Almosta restaurant (22nd of November 2014)
- Workshop to prepare and taste cocktails made with Chartreuse (18th and 19th of September 2014)
- "25 anys de Concurs". Posters from 25 Human Tower Competitions (from the 21st of July to the 7th of September 2014)
- Nan Casteller (Castell building game) workshops (from the 28th of June to the 6th of September 2014)
- "El cel dels Castells" (from the 24th of June to the 20th of July 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of “Rosita”: Tarragona artisan Beer (29th of March 2014)
- Tarragona in 365 pictures (from the 20th of March to the 9th of May 2014). Photography exhibition
- Carnival (from the 24th of February to the 16th of March 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of Yzaguirre vermouth with delicatessens from La Grava restaurant (15th of February)
- "Tracks" (from the 18th of December 2013 to the 23rd of February 2014). Photography exhibition
- Tasting and pairing of Adernats caves (14th of December 2013)
- Wine tasting + marmalades (23rd of November 2013)
- “Visions of Tarragona” (from the 15th of November to the 15th of December 2013). Photography exhibition
- Workshop to prepare and taste cocktails made with Chartreuse (15th of September 2013)
- "El cel dels Castells" (from the 24th of June to the 21st of July 2013). Photography exhibition