National Archaeological Museum - Exhibition “Tarraco/MNAT” (MNAT)
The National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona (MNAT) presents an exhibition summarising the eight centuries of the history of Tarraco, the first Roman foundation on the Iberian Peninsula and the capital of Hispania Citerior, the largest province in the Empire.
We propose a chronological journey on which you will be able to discover the urban planning, architecture, society and economy of the town, as well as its territory, the source of its wealth, which you will also learn about through its villas, quarries and roads, many of which can still be seen today.
This history is materialised and we will follow it through the exhibition based on a representative selection of objects from the National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona revealing its architecture, sculpture, paintings, bronzes, mosaics, pottery, jewellery, etc.
While the museum’s main building in the Plaça del Rei is being renovated, we invite you to see the essence of a Roman town ─Tarraco─ and the collection of a centennial museum, the MNAT, at Tinglado 4 in the Port of Tarragona.
€4.00: JOINT TICKET TO THE EXHIBITION “TARRACO/MNAT” AND THE PALEOCHRISTIAN NECROPOLIS
Reduced entrance price: €2.00
1. People 65 or over
3. Holders of a Carnet Jove
4. Students with an International Student Card
5. Family card for large families or single-parent families
6. 10 Non-tourist groups of 10 or more people with an advance booking
1. Children under 16
2. Unemployed people
3. People who are members of the ICOM or the ICOMOS
4. Professional tourist guides
5. Public school teachers
6. People with disability certificates (the accompanying person will also have free entrance if the card shows that the person needs assistance)
7. Press (with advance written authorization)
8. Groups of students with their teacher who have previously booked
9. Free entrance on the first Sunday of every month (between October and June)
Tickets on sale at https://www.mnat.cat/entrades
Pass to all MNAT venues: information and sales
June to September & Easter Week: 9:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
October - May: 9:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. / 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
|Mondays open: Mèdol Quarry, Francolí River Paleochristian Complex, Museu Bíblic Tarraconense (Biblical museum) and Chapel of St. Paul|